Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On Laziness

So, sometime about 4 months ago I wrote a post about something or other and I was going to enliven the debate with some silly thoughts or other ...

and then nothing...

Rest assured, this is a common blogging trend. Peruse the various LGO/LFM blogs of the past and present and you will see a multitude of posts about how - "oh, I've been so bad about updating, I'll do better"

As my 7 foot chinese differential equations professor once said - "Never Better! Always Worse!"*

So I won't say that I'll do better. I promise that I will do better, worse or the same.

... and its not as though there weren't actual good reasons for the lack of blogging other than laziness (although that one predominates). First and foremost, I got a job. I now work as a transmission policy analyst for one of the largest electric companies in the world. Yay me.

I got the job about a week after the last post and proceeded to binge on video games until my job started. You see, I couldn't play too much video games** while I didn't have a job because then I'd be thinking - "Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm one of those people who plays video games instead of looking for jobs ... what a loser I am ..."

But once I had the job, I could do anything ... including going to St. Louis and wearing a gorilla suit, which I did***.

So I started a job. Other things that happened in the intervening 4 months:

I got married****
Tyeliah got married****
We went to Paris and London
I got Superbowl tickets (from my father for christmas)
My favorite team (the Saints) won the NFC championship and is going to the Superbowl!
Tyeliah went crazy taking 8 classes and nearly lost her marbles (she did really well in the classes though)
Tyeliah semi-relaxed during the break and then took a 2 week trip to see factories around the country
Tyeliah forgot last semester's craziness and decided to take 10 classes - which she then dropped to 9 as a compromise (although its really only 8 she says cause she's auditing one and maybe its really only 7 because ...)

Alright, more to come later ... maybe.

*said in regards to 90% of the class failing the 2nd test (though not yours truly) - full quote, you have to imagine a chinese accent and a 7 foot rail thin chinese man who loves elvis to get the full effect - "People always say, give me second chance, I do better ... No! Never Better! Always Worse!"
**Tyeliah believes it should be "playing too many video games" but my reading is that "video games" is continuous object - as in, "I am playing video games a lot" not "I am playing a large number of video games" which would imply that I played many different video games whereas I want to imply that I played a few video games a large amount of time ... thus I defend using too much video games ... also, I wrote that first and I don't like to change things after I write
***the gorilla suit was worn at the appropriate gorilla suit wearing time - Halloween - and by the way, gorilla suits are really warm
****in case you were wondering, we married each other at a very small ceremony on the eastern shore in Maryland. It was wonderful.

0 comments: